On Thursday, 5 July 2018, the President of Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Sardar Massod Khan will deliver a talk on “Resolution of Longstanding Disputes and Humanitarian Law – A Perspective from South Asia”
President Sardar Masood Khan was elected as the 27th President of Azad State of Jammu and Kashmir (AJK) on August 16, 2016.
Before being elected as the President of AJK, Sardar Masood Khan had a long and distinguished diplomatic career.
- Served as Pakistan’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York from October, 2012, to February, 2015. He represented Pakistan as a non-permanent member in the UN Security Council during 2012-2013. He was the President of the UN Security Council in January 2013.
- Served as Pakistan’s Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China (September 2008 to September 2012).
- Served as Pakistan’s Ambassador and Permanent Representative to the United Nations and Other International Organizations in Geneva ( 2005 to 2008).
- Served as Pakistan’s Sherpa (Chief Negotiator) for the Nuclear Security Summit (NSS) process from 2009 to early 2014.
- Served in various positions, in Pakistan’s diplomatic missions in Beijing (1982 to 1986), The Hague (1986 to 1989), the United Nations New York (1993 to 1997) and Washington DC (1997 to 2002).
- Worked as Director General (United Nations) and Director General (Organization of Islamic Conference) at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pakistan from August 2003 to March 2005.
- Served as Director General (Disarmament) at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pakistan from September 2003 to May 2004.
- Appointed as Spokesman of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pakistan in June 2003 and held the position till March 2005.
- Worked as Director General (East Asia and Pacific), Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Pakistan from November 2002 to August 2003.
Date and Time
Thursday, 5 July 2018
5:30 PM – 8:30 PM EDT
Room 200, Gerald Larkin Building 15 Devonshire Place
Toronto, ON M5S 2C8